Seeing someone speak that you admire is always a pleasure, and we were lucky enough to be invited down to the British Film Institute last night to do just that.
BUG is a night of music videos and YouTube nuggets (two of my favourite things) and is hosted by all-time top 10 funny man Adam Buxton of Adam & Joe fame.
Basically the audience sit in comfy seats in a beautful venue for an hour and a half, while Adam plays great music videos and chats about things he’s seen on YouTube, there’s no magic formula, it just works fantastically.
We were played many wonderful pieces of film, including this one from Spike Jonze and Ty Evans for Unkle, but this was my favourite one. If you ever get the chance to go to one of these bi-monthly events I cannot reccommend them highly enough.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan