Seeing someone speak that you admire is always a pleasure, and we were lucky enough to be invited down to the British Film Institute last night to do just that.
BUG is a night of music videos and YouTube nuggets (two of my favourite things) and is hosted by all-time top 10 funny man Adam Buxton of Adam & Joe fame.
Basically the audience sit in comfy seats in a beautful venue for an hour and a half, while Adam plays great music videos and chats about things he’s seen on YouTube, there’s no magic formula, it just works fantastically.
We were played many wonderful pieces of film, including this one from Spike Jonze and Ty Evans for Unkle, but this was my favourite one. If you ever get the chance to go to one of these bi-monthly events I cannot reccommend them highly enough.
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August