Seeing someone speak that you admire is always a pleasure, and we were lucky enough to be invited down to the British Film Institute last night to do just that.
BUG is a night of music videos and YouTube nuggets (two of my favourite things) and is hosted by all-time top 10 funny man Adam Buxton of Adam & Joe fame.
Basically the audience sit in comfy seats in a beautful venue for an hour and a half, while Adam plays great music videos and chats about things he’s seen on YouTube, there’s no magic formula, it just works fantastically.
We were played many wonderful pieces of film, including this one from Spike Jonze and Ty Evans for Unkle, but this was my favourite one. If you ever get the chance to go to one of these bi-monthly events I cannot reccommend them highly enough.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages