Originally from Manchester, William Davis has just spent the last 3 years studying graphic design in Bristol and Rotterdam as well as spending time in Berlin, London and Paris on various design and photography related jobs.
Aside from graphic design William spends his time riding bmx (and making videos of it), swimming in rivers, playing the violin and piano, putting on a club night in Bristol, Djing, going to car boot sales and if that’s not enough – trying to document it all at the same time.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to drive tractors, I was obsessed with machinery and anything that had big wheels.
In reflection, how bad was your work in the first year?
Actually I’m quite fond of some of the old video things I used to do back then!
If you could show a piece of your folio to one person, what piece would you choose, and who would you show it to?
Its not necessarily a piece of work, but I’d like to look through some of my photographs from the past few years with T.S.Eliot.
If you had your own business, who would you employ and why?
I’ll run a vineyard in Mexico, producing wine, olives, and ice cream. It shall be run by me and around twenty other friends.
If you’ve got any left, what will you spend the last of your student loan on?
I haven’t anything left, if I did though, then some plane tickets to visit a friend in Gambia. I’ve been promising to visit for too long.
Where will we find you in 12 months?
I’m moving to Berlin in three weeks, so perhaps there. I am moving to Japan in october for a month or two though, so who knows!
- Helen Eunhwa Oh’s vivid illustrations draw the eccentricities from everyday life
- Diane Deschenaux’s abstract images explore Switzerland's farming industry
- Is postgraduate study right for you? A handy guide to help you decide
- Jan Novák’s conceptual typefaces and identities are both functional and clear
- Parisian studio Akatre on their music video for Grand Yellow
- Max Baitinger’s comic Birgit illustrates the ballsy decision to quit your job
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Pigalle, Ill-Studio and Nike have redesigned the Paris Duperré basketball court
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Why materials matter: Seetal Solanki on the Grenfell Tower tragedy