Originally from Manchester, William Davis has just spent the last 3 years studying graphic design in Bristol and Rotterdam as well as spending time in Berlin, London and Paris on various design and photography related jobs.
Aside from graphic design William spends his time riding bmx (and making videos of it), swimming in rivers, playing the violin and piano, putting on a club night in Bristol, Djing, going to car boot sales and if that’s not enough – trying to document it all at the same time.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to drive tractors, I was obsessed with machinery and anything that had big wheels.
In reflection, how bad was your work in the first year?
Actually I’m quite fond of some of the old video things I used to do back then!
If you could show a piece of your folio to one person, what piece would you choose, and who would you show it to?
Its not necessarily a piece of work, but I’d like to look through some of my photographs from the past few years with T.S.Eliot.
If you had your own business, who would you employ and why?
I’ll run a vineyard in Mexico, producing wine, olives, and ice cream. It shall be run by me and around twenty other friends.
If you’ve got any left, what will you spend the last of your student loan on?
I haven’t anything left, if I did though, then some plane tickets to visit a friend in Gambia. I’ve been promising to visit for too long.
Where will we find you in 12 months?
I’m moving to Berlin in three weeks, so perhaps there. I am moving to Japan in october for a month or two though, so who knows!
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"