Much respect for ‘Will’, the collector and champion of the forgotten illustrators and other image makers. His blog investigates sources, rare editions and publishers of beautiful books and it reads exactly like it says on the tin. A Journey Round My Skull is a humbling and insightful website that proves itself an invaluable resource for any book lover/illustrator.
Pictured are some examples from a nice post on the process of photochromosomes, just a fraction of an epic archive.
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August