‘Come join NOAA on its journey through the sciences and over the face of our planet, under its waves, and into space!’ – OK!
A direct quote from the brilliant pages of America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, it worked on me, and if such sites as Astronomy Picture of the Day are set as your homepage, you are bound to love this beauty.
Pictured is a Dust Bowl in Texas in the early 30’s. Taken from National Weather Service Collection.
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- See the work of some of Nick Knight's most impressive new protégés
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain