The A Foundation, a Registered Charity, was established by James Moores in 1998. The primary purpose of the Foundation is to support the development, production and exhibition of contemporary visual art and, in particular, to focus on the enrichment and regeneration of Liverpool through culture and the arts. They have got some incredible spaces and some really exciting work going on.
One of the current exhibitions comes from US based collective Simparch, who will be realising a major new architectural installation in The Coach Shed at Greenland Street. Simparch’s practice operates between the borders of architecture, design and popular culture and often results in the creation of large-scale works that take into account the specificities and histories of a given site.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery