The A Foundation, a Registered Charity, was established by James Moores in 1998. The primary purpose of the Foundation is to support the development, production and exhibition of contemporary visual art and, in particular, to focus on the enrichment and regeneration of Liverpool through culture and the arts. They have got some incredible spaces and some really exciting work going on.
One of the current exhibitions comes from US based collective Simparch, who will be realising a major new architectural installation in The Coach Shed at Greenland Street. Simparch’s practice operates between the borders of architecture, design and popular culture and often results in the creation of large-scale works that take into account the specificities and histories of a given site.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"