Here’s Nigel’s choice for It’s Not Us this week.
‘A beautiful little printing project that currently has its first range up. With the lovely work of Supermundane, Zakee Shariff and alas myself. What I like about this project is that it looks after the people who still like to simply draw. There is no flash or lasers involved nor any special effects. Instead they make screen prints made with craft, care and love.’
And here’s what else is currently making Nigel happy.
‘I am excited about autumn. But there is no website for this. Just the things simply changing outside. The thought of the new Michel Gondry film Be Kind Rewind. The new Múm album. And my bike, the Coventry Eagle.’
- My First: Colophon and Sophie Mayanne talk about the themes of their book, Twenty-Two
- Patrick Kyle uses analogue and digital techniques in these pared-back illustrations
- Audrey Weber’s eccentrically enlarged figurative illustrations
- Hanne Berkaak’s deeply moving and sensitive animation tackling self-harm
- The Smudge: Clay Hickson and Liana Jegers launch publication in reaction to US presidential result
- Set designer Gary Card on the importance of being a chameleon
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio