This week’s guest poster is the wonderful Nigel Peake, an illustrator with a great affinity for mapping and architecture.
‘Billboards is a new collection of around 30 drawings depicting a series of billboards for a fictional city full of fictional sheds. It is gathered together into a little zine of assorted paper (this can be bought through my website). It is like an appendix to the Sheds book published earlier this year by Analogue. Essential reading for this: the ‘Decorated Shed’ chapter from Learning from Las Vegas by Robert Venturi.’
Nigel tells us he’s been trawling his computer for images to be showcased on his newly updated website, coming very soon.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”