This week’s It’s Not Us guest is Carl Rush from Brighton design studio Crush. Check back at lunchtime for his choice.
‘Being asked to “take a bite out of the World’s bestselling book” is a dream job for any designer, especially if that book is The Bible. The bible of what you might ask. Fashion? Shoes? The best bars in Britain? No, Hodder and Stoughton really wanted Crush to create a cover for the Holy Bible. Here is the result.’
Crush also had this to say: ‘We’re on the lookout for a new Designer. We are looking for a really great print designer who is passionate about creating outstanding work across print and web. We don’t mind how much experience you have but you must be able to build a Flash website from scratch with some knowledge of ActionScripting and HTML.’
- Standards Manual return with catalogue of 400 objects relating to New York City Transit
- Emma King's publication rewrites Orwell's "1984" using Donald Trump's tweets
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day – it’s Best of the Web!
- Bolade Banjo photographs the perseverance of Detroit’s student athletes
- Alex Grigg animates Steve Stoute’s homage to Biggie Smalls
- Billy Clark applies his graphic sensibilities to his minimal yet textured illustrations
- Polaroid’s creative director Danny Pemberton introduces new brand Polaroid Originals
- Artist Dominique Pétrin on creating her very own domestic product
- Universal Everything animate emotive wallpapers for new iPhone devices
- Herburg Weiland’s meticulous editorial designs are typographically-driven
- The Visual History of Type author Paul McNeil selects and dissects his six favourite faces
- Breakdown Press’ Joe Kessler picks out his most-treasured books