A really great project was sent through to us by Luke over at Sense Worldwide who invited Chinese students from the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute to submit pieces of work in response to a short brief. The only criteria was that the work was A4 format. The work was recently exhibited in Chongqing and went down very well, so they decided to bring the event to their loft space to coincide with Chinese new year festivities.
The event is taking place on…
Thursday 29th January 6.30pm-9pm (Private view – please RSVP if you would like to attend)
Friday 30th January 6.30pm-9pm
Saturday 31st January 11am-6pm
Sunday 1st February 11am-6pm
Sense Loft, 68-70 Wardour Street, Soho, London. W1F0TB
You can see some highlights of the exhibition in china at the link below.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)