A really great project was sent through to us by Luke over at Sense Worldwide who invited Chinese students from the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute to submit pieces of work in response to a short brief. The only criteria was that the work was A4 format. The work was recently exhibited in Chongqing and went down very well, so they decided to bring the event to their loft space to coincide with Chinese new year festivities.
The event is taking place on…
Thursday 29th January 6.30pm-9pm (Private view – please RSVP if you would like to attend)
Friday 30th January 6.30pm-9pm
Saturday 31st January 11am-6pm
Sunday 1st February 11am-6pm
Sense Loft, 68-70 Wardour Street, Soho, London. W1F0TB
You can see some highlights of the exhibition in china at the link below.
- Graphic design grad Georgia Cranstoun reconsiders authorship with a "bootleg" book
- Bohuy Kim’s prolific poster designs are bold and exciting
- Tokyo-based photographer Yota Yoshida’s "poetic expressions in the everyday"
- Roberta Sant’Anna takes her camera inside a weird and wonderful Brazilian water park
- “Work hard and be nice to people”: what we learned at Nicer Tuesdays March
- “Dance exists when we run out of things to say”: choreographer Holly Blakey on her life and practice
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know