A really great project was sent through to us by Luke over at Sense Worldwide who invited Chinese students from the Sichuan Fine Arts Institute to submit pieces of work in response to a short brief. The only criteria was that the work was A4 format. The work was recently exhibited in Chongqing and went down very well, so they decided to bring the event to their loft space to coincide with Chinese new year festivities.
The event is taking place on…
Thursday 29th January 6.30pm-9pm (Private view – please RSVP if you would like to attend)
Friday 30th January 6.30pm-9pm
Saturday 31st January 11am-6pm
Sunday 1st February 11am-6pm
Sense Loft, 68-70 Wardour Street, Soho, London. W1F0TB
You can see some highlights of the exhibition in china at the link below.
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs