This week’s It’s Not Us guest poster is writer and one third of mp3blog Said The Gramophone, Sean Michaels.
Sean’s writing is vivid, celebratory and mischievous – the inner monologue of an exploding firework. In an It’s Nice That first, we’re excited and honoured to feature a short story of Sean’s which we received with the following brief explanation:
‘This is a story about one day finding out your lover isn’t there any more.’
Check back at lunchtime for his choices. (Image from shifty.)
- Oliver Jeffers, Yuri Suzuki, Anna Ginsburg and Jimmy Turrell at Nicer Tuesdays
- An exercise in colour and control: David Hockney’s 82 portraits and one still life at the RA
- Woodstock 1969 immortalised on film by iconic photographer Baron Wolman
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round