This week’s It’s Not Us guest poster is writer and one third of mp3blog Said The Gramophone, Sean Michaels.
Sean’s writing is vivid, celebratory and mischievous – the inner monologue of an exploding firework. In an It’s Nice That first, we’re excited and honoured to feature a short story of Sean’s which we received with the following brief explanation:
‘This is a story about one day finding out your lover isn’t there any more.’
Check back at lunchtime for his choices. (Image from shifty.)
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations