This week’s It’s Not Us guest poster is writer and one third of mp3blog Said The Gramophone, Sean Michaels.
Sean’s writing is vivid, celebratory and mischievous – the inner monologue of an exploding firework. In an It’s Nice That first, we’re excited and honoured to feature a short story of Sean’s which we received with the following brief explanation:
‘This is a story about one day finding out your lover isn’t there any more.’
Check back at lunchtime for his choices. (Image from shifty.)
- Give thanks, and join us in the weekly feast that is the Best of the Web
- Unusual nudes and strange, glittering fashion photography from Arnaud Lajeunie
- Seoul-based studio Chung Choon applies an elegance and simplicity to its posters
- Designer Chloe Pannatier looks at fakes and risk in art and money
- Michael Wolf captures abstract, accidental sculptures in Hong Kong alleyways
- Discos and design explored in gorgeous new Bedford Press book Nightswimming
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain