So, I’m sure you’ve probably had enough of hearing people talk about Michael Jackson’s recently announced mammoth run at the O2 arena in London. No matter how good or bad his shows are, whether he even makes it to the final date, or even moonwalks what is safe is his back catalogue of classic videos.
Plucked from said archive is Speed Demon, a short film by claymation director Will Vinton. A classic film of Michael morphing himself into a motorcycle riding dog to get away from his fans, the oldest trick in the book. Also, it’s a nice excuse to show you the work of Mr. Vinton who if you don’t know you should invest a couple of minutes investigating.
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Like a warm embrace, it's Best of the Web!
- Swedish illustrator Malin Rosenqvist creates textural works about psychology and powerful women
- Animator Jimmy Simpson creates technology-inspired ident for MTV
- Leander Assmann's illustrations are full of paired-back shapes and patterns
- Illustrator Andrey Kasay invites us into his surreal yet amusing world
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio