So, I’m sure you’ve probably had enough of hearing people talk about Michael Jackson’s recently announced mammoth run at the O2 arena in London. No matter how good or bad his shows are, whether he even makes it to the final date, or even moonwalks what is safe is his back catalogue of classic videos.
Plucked from said archive is Speed Demon, a short film by claymation director Will Vinton. A classic film of Michael morphing himself into a motorcycle riding dog to get away from his fans, the oldest trick in the book. Also, it’s a nice excuse to show you the work of Mr. Vinton who if you don’t know you should invest a couple of minutes investigating.
- Hilarious send-up of selfie culture from Mercedes-Benz, Justin O'Shea and Jayne Min
- Mattis Dovier tracks the painful metamorphosis of man into machine in his new short
- Class A Marketing analyses the advertising techniques of drug dealers
- Yuri Suzuki's new invention lets users turn any object into a functioning musical instrument
- Snøhetta develops a “tribal language” for Høyskolen Kristiania School
- Work, build and don’t whine: historic portrayals of women in art and design
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)