It gives me great pleasure to announce the winners from the first week of our Lomography Diana Mini competition. The amount of entries was truly staggering and a total of 1829 photos were put forward and along with Lomo, we’ve picked our ten favourites that you can see here, as well as an interview with the overall winner charwang, who takes away a stack of great prizes. This week’s theme is ’It’s Nice There’ and all you can submit your for the next 4 days…
Hey charwang, congratulations on winning the competition, can you tell us a little bit about who you are and what you do?
I’m a recent college graduate from California who has transplanted to the Washington DC area to work for the NIH (National Institute of Health). I currently work on HIV vaccine development at the NIH. In my free time, I’m a big fan of globetrotting, photography, and gastronomy.
What is your photo about, and why did you think it fit the ‘It’s Nice That’ theme?
I took a photo of a mango lassipop, which is a popsicle form of a mango lassi (an Indian yogurt drink). A local Indian food truck (Fojol Bros of Merlinda) sells these during hot days in the Washington DC area, which I tend to chase down as frequently as possible. Clearly, I think mango lassipops are quite nice!
What’s the first thing you’re going to photograph with your new Diana Mini?
Either my explorations while sneaking away from my work retreat in Philadelphia (can you say Liberty Bell?) or my 22nd birthday shenanigans!
- Laurina Paperina's dark, weird but charming work
- Studio Frith creates Patti Smith-inspired identity for the inaugural Art Night festival
- Cindy Yang’s poignant animation questions the routine and mundanity of life
- “Run towards the noise” – MINI contemplates the future of mobility and personalisation in London
- Photographer Benedetta Ristori documents cultural juxtapositions on the Balkan peninsula
- June Korea’s photographic fantasy: one man’s relationship with his sex doll
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- More bonkers and surreal selfies from Izumi Miyazaki
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web