Continuing the month of discussions as part of our 2009 Review, this week we are asking what piece of work really stood out for you this year. Be it a big budget ad campaign or a recent graduates portfolio, we want to know what you saw this year that made you sit up and take note.
We’re working on adding hyperlinks but if you do add a link we will go in and add it after.
This is more industrial than graphic, but I would have to say Min-Kyu Choi’s redesigned UK power plug is one of the most innovative and thought out piece of design I have seen in a while.
I’m a big fan of Jen Stark’s paper sculptures.. that is a tough question though. Maybe i’ll just have to start at the beginning and sift through all the links again ;)
The entire Brighton Graphic Design & Illustration 2009 show off Brick Lane. The quality of the work that comes out of Brighton is scary. An archive can be found at http://gdi09.co.uk but doesn’t quite do it justice.
I quite like Amy Casey’s and Robyn O’Neil’s work. I actually have a lot of new discoveries. But those two are my favorites. Oh, and also, Rich Gemmell’s latest series was lovely.
- Maziyar Pahlevan’s monochrome portfolio is full of typographic experiments
- The cut glass assemblages of graphic-turned-3D designer Juli Bolaños-Durman
- Photographer Mico Toledo documents the defiant protestors of Standing Rock
- Kevin Umaña’s abstract paintings portray a musical symphony
- The delicately ornate, but very cheeky sculptures of Liv and Dom
- Nike pattern designer Jeremy Pettis' psychedelic illustration side project
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Special Projects on why, sometimes, design is best kept simple
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant