I own hundreds of photobooks, I am an addict. A recent acquisition is a beautifully printed book called Greater Atlanta by Mark Steinmetz. Mark’s images are incredibly beautiful, I’m quite in awe of his poetic vision.
Unfortunately his website (like most websites) doesn’t do the images justice. If you can still get your hands on a copy I would recommend this book. Wonderfully designed and beautifully printed by Nazarelli Press.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label