The brilliant Curzon Soho cinema were kind enough to let us come down to their advance screening of ‘Anvil’ on Tuesday evening, and we’re pleased they did.
In a nutshell Anvil are a metal band who have toured with, and been significant influences on some of the biggest bands in their genre, including Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax but for one reason or another, never made it themselves.
The band came in for a Q&A afterwards and the film does them complete justice. Although having only ‘met’ them in person for a few minutes it was plain to see that nothing we’d watched for the previous hour and a half had been an exaggeration.
A beautifully heart-warming story with more tear jerking moments than the Titanic.
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Plant pots with boobs, tan lines and tight speedos: it's the joyful ceramics of Group Partner
- Mirka Laura Severa makes snowmen models in fashion shoot for SZ Magazin
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”