The brilliant Curzon Soho cinema were kind enough to let us come down to their advance screening of ‘Anvil’ on Tuesday evening, and we’re pleased they did.
In a nutshell Anvil are a metal band who have toured with, and been significant influences on some of the biggest bands in their genre, including Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax but for one reason or another, never made it themselves.
The band came in for a Q&A afterwards and the film does them complete justice. Although having only ‘met’ them in person for a few minutes it was plain to see that nothing we’d watched for the previous hour and a half had been an exaggeration.
A beautifully heart-warming story with more tear jerking moments than the Titanic.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant