The brilliant Curzon Soho cinema were kind enough to let us come down to their advance screening of ‘Anvil’ on Tuesday evening, and we’re pleased they did.
In a nutshell Anvil are a metal band who have toured with, and been significant influences on some of the biggest bands in their genre, including Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax but for one reason or another, never made it themselves.
The band came in for a Q&A afterwards and the film does them complete justice. Although having only ‘met’ them in person for a few minutes it was plain to see that nothing we’d watched for the previous hour and a half had been an exaggeration.
A beautifully heart-warming story with more tear jerking moments than the Titanic.
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan