A little later than normal, here’s a selection of the most interesting things that came into the studio last week.
David Sparshott T-shirt + Print
Thought about a good ‘raining cats and dogs’ pun for far too long but they are the chosen subject of David’s new T-shirt and print work.
Gym Class Magazine Edited and designed by Steven Gregor
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gym Class magazine but never managed to get my hands on a copy. Printed by the unstoppable Newspaper Club it’s the perfect format and features an interview with Jeremy Leslie, illustration by John Paul Thurlow and a man wearing a rabbit mask all for the very reasonable price of £3.
Sam Bevington Print
Discovery of the week has to go to UWE graduate Sam Bevington who also happens to have a show start on Thursday 8th April at Flaxon Ptootch. Check his site for more details as well as these stunning prints he’ll be showing.
Jamie Hearn Self Promotion
Very nice mailer from Central St. Martins graphic design student Jamie Hearn.
Extra Ordinary Words by Supermundane
A collection of bittersweet, awkward, funny “Micro Dramas”, written and designed by the fantastic Supermundane.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again