A little later than normal, here’s a selection of the most interesting things that came into the studio last week.
David Sparshott T-shirt + Print
Thought about a good ‘raining cats and dogs’ pun for far too long but they are the chosen subject of David’s new T-shirt and print work.
Gym Class Magazine Edited and designed by Steven Gregor
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gym Class magazine but never managed to get my hands on a copy. Printed by the unstoppable Newspaper Club it’s the perfect format and features an interview with Jeremy Leslie, illustration by John Paul Thurlow and a man wearing a rabbit mask all for the very reasonable price of £3.
Sam Bevington Print
Discovery of the week has to go to UWE graduate Sam Bevington who also happens to have a show start on Thursday 8th April at Flaxon Ptootch. Check his site for more details as well as these stunning prints he’ll be showing.
Jamie Hearn Self Promotion
Very nice mailer from Central St. Martins graphic design student Jamie Hearn.
Extra Ordinary Words by Supermundane
A collection of bittersweet, awkward, funny “Micro Dramas”, written and designed by the fantastic Supermundane.
- Another week over, it's Best of the Web!
- Joseph Harmon's warped intricate works unveiled at new show in Brooklyn
- Sophie Littman captures the underlying awkwardness of a village orchestra
- New York-based agency T&T&T are in it for “$$$$$, fame and graphic bliss”
- The psychedelic world of Dexter Navy
- Photographer Ilyes Griyeb takes us to Senegal's salt lakes
- Trump protest pins by Sagmeister & Walsh, Hort, Olimpia Zagnoli and more
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations