A little later than normal, here’s a selection of the most interesting things that came into the studio last week.
David Sparshott T-shirt + Print
Thought about a good ‘raining cats and dogs’ pun for far too long but they are the chosen subject of David’s new T-shirt and print work.
Gym Class Magazine Edited and designed by Steven Gregor
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gym Class magazine but never managed to get my hands on a copy. Printed by the unstoppable Newspaper Club it’s the perfect format and features an interview with Jeremy Leslie, illustration by John Paul Thurlow and a man wearing a rabbit mask all for the very reasonable price of £3.
Sam Bevington Print
Discovery of the week has to go to UWE graduate Sam Bevington who also happens to have a show start on Thursday 8th April at Flaxon Ptootch. Check his site for more details as well as these stunning prints he’ll be showing.
Jamie Hearn Self Promotion
Very nice mailer from Central St. Martins graphic design student Jamie Hearn.
Extra Ordinary Words by Supermundane
A collection of bittersweet, awkward, funny “Micro Dramas”, written and designed by the fantastic Supermundane.
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Ben Hill and Daniel Oeffinger offer helping hand on Bucks' new animated spot for Cree
- Kristen Liu-Wong’s wild fluoro illustrations of empowered women
- Thoughtful composition and colour blocking in Martin Steiner’s sleek portfolio
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Artist Kirsty Harris revisits the CND protests from a personal perspective
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- World’s “ugliest” Pantone colour 448C is being used to deter smokers
- Ten of our favourite collage artists on Instagram
- Creative industries make last attempts to sway EU referendum voters
- North evolves Tate identity to be more adaptable
- Monotype unveils its redesigned Transport for London typeface, Johnston100