A little later than normal, here’s a selection of the most interesting things that came into the studio last week.
David Sparshott T-shirt + Print
Thought about a good ‘raining cats and dogs’ pun for far too long but they are the chosen subject of David’s new T-shirt and print work.
Gym Class Magazine Edited and designed by Steven Gregor
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Gym Class magazine but never managed to get my hands on a copy. Printed by the unstoppable Newspaper Club it’s the perfect format and features an interview with Jeremy Leslie, illustration by John Paul Thurlow and a man wearing a rabbit mask all for the very reasonable price of £3.
Sam Bevington Print
Discovery of the week has to go to UWE graduate Sam Bevington who also happens to have a show start on Thursday 8th April at Flaxon Ptootch. Check his site for more details as well as these stunning prints he’ll be showing.
Jamie Hearn Self Promotion
Very nice mailer from Central St. Martins graphic design student Jamie Hearn.
Extra Ordinary Words by Supermundane
A collection of bittersweet, awkward, funny “Micro Dramas”, written and designed by the fantastic Supermundane.
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Dead Beat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors