Tried to post this on Friday when you could of wasted a suitably ample amount of your afternoon leading up to the weekend but it’s had to wait till now.
Great idea to support Chicago’s 2016 Olympic Bid, the site encourages kids to enter a contest where they can influence the building of a real playground in Chicago’s South Side sponsored by the Allstate Foundation. Although built for 6-12 year olds who want to design their own dream playground it got me back to the Theme Park/Theme Hospital days and I’d quite happily sit on it all day.
- Photographer Damien Maloney on working intuitively and playing with reality
- “Prayer paintings, manga and motivational images”: Gitte Maria Moller's cryptic artworks
- Jad Hussein's tropical catalogue design for Paris exhibition Jamaica, Jamaica
- From Lemon Twigs to Laura Marling: Hollie Fernando’s painterly photography folio
- Hey presto, it's Best of the Web!
- Paris-based Studio Jimbo creates "impact and power" with punchy poster designs
- Alex Norris’ hilarious three-panelled webcomics are universally appealing
- Southbank Centre visual identity redesigned by North, to be a “confident masthead” for the institution
- The Buzzfeed redesign: UK art director Tim Lane talks us through his seven-month overhaul
- Fresh Yale grad Franci Virgili applies an academic approach to graphic design
- Instagram co-founder Mike Krieger on how to stand out
- Leipzig graphic design studio Lamm & Kirch on their shared ethos