Tried to post this on Friday when you could of wasted a suitably ample amount of your afternoon leading up to the weekend but it’s had to wait till now.
Great idea to support Chicago’s 2016 Olympic Bid, the site encourages kids to enter a contest where they can influence the building of a real playground in Chicago’s South Side sponsored by the Allstate Foundation. Although built for 6-12 year olds who want to design their own dream playground it got me back to the Theme Park/Theme Hospital days and I’d quite happily sit on it all day.
- Danny Fox: the Cornish artist inspired by LA’s Skid Row
- Bring in the Bank Holiday weekend with this week's Best of the Web
- Daniel Britt animates the trials and tribulations of an existential crisis
- Badesaison - the Swiss design studio that can handle everything from Dada to music
- Illustrator Ana Benaroya embraces the “imperfections” in her playful depictions
- Kent Andreason's globetrotting adventures documented through nuanced observations
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August