As studio spaces go I’ve found none as drool worthy as the Elms Lester Painting Rooms. Based off Tottenham Court Road in London it’s an old tall building originally used for painting theatre backdrops. Now it’s a gallery that keeps half the old studio for resident artists to paint in, while exhibiting in the other half.
Artists such a Jose Parla, Delta and perennial favourite of mine Anthony Lister regularly show there. Definitely worth a knock at their door if your around that area.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf