Lane Smith is an illustrator and writer of children’s books. He’s also a very, very funny man who runs Curious Pages, a blog about bizarre books for children. His commentary is fantastic, and he also turns up some genuinely beautiful examples such as The Little Red Engine series or this collection of Martin and Alice Provensen work.
You’re best advised to hit ‘Older Posts’ link on the front page and dig back into the archives rather than go book by book.
- Five projects from Kickstarter's Make100 initiative which caught our eye
- Designer Ted Hyunak Yoon creates a visual analysis of dictators’ statues in history
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant