Lane Smith is an illustrator and writer of children’s books. He’s also a very, very funny man who runs Curious Pages, a blog about bizarre books for children. His commentary is fantastic, and he also turns up some genuinely beautiful examples such as The Little Red Engine series or this collection of Martin and Alice Provensen work.
You’re best advised to hit ‘Older Posts’ link on the front page and dig back into the archives rather than go book by book.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages