Jolby (Josh Kenyon and Colby Nichols) launch their first solo show next week at Subtext Gallery, San Diego.
‘Jolby’s work takes us on the journey of a boy named William who, after suffering a great loss, leaves his familiar town of Seaside to discover what ‘home’ really means inside the depths of an aging forest. Through-out this story we are introduced to a detailed world filled with odd characters, illustrious patterns, vibrant colors, and hand-rendered type.’
Show runs February 21st – March 22nd 2009 and for those not lucky enough to be in San Diego check out the link for a preview of the work.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages