Kicking off at 3pm today the 94,700 capacity Soccer Stadium will play host to the opening match of the 2010 Fifa World Cup between South Africa and Mexico.
Formerly known as the FNB Stadium, Soccer Stadium is located in the Soweto area of Johannesburg and among other games will host the final of the tournament on 11 July. Designed by Boogertman & Partners and Populous it looks phenomenal, check out the website for more details.
- “It’s a laser show”: behind the scenes at Yale School of Art’s Graphic Design MFA thesis show
- Matthew the Horse combines poetry and illustration “borne from being a wally,” in new book
- Photographer Kathryn Hurni’s images capture an alternative perspective of Russia
- Sebastian Curi creates messy, “imperfect” characters everyone can empathise with
- Frederike Helwig’s snapshot of Nicaragua from 2004 now published
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors