Kicking off at 3pm today the 94,700 capacity Soccer Stadium will play host to the opening match of the 2010 Fifa World Cup between South Africa and Mexico.
Formerly known as the FNB Stadium, Soccer Stadium is located in the Soweto area of Johannesburg and among other games will host the final of the tournament on 11 July. Designed by Boogertman & Partners and Populous it looks phenomenal, check out the website for more details.
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Resolute yet playful designs for the If I Can't Dance groups’ compilation
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs