Kicking off at 3pm today the 94,700 capacity Soccer Stadium will play host to the opening match of the 2010 Fifa World Cup between South Africa and Mexico.
Formerly known as the FNB Stadium, Soccer Stadium is located in the Soweto area of Johannesburg and among other games will host the final of the tournament on 11 July. Designed by Boogertman & Partners and Populous it looks phenomenal, check out the website for more details.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label