Kicking off at 3pm today the 94,700 capacity Soccer Stadium will play host to the opening match of the 2010 Fifa World Cup between South Africa and Mexico.
Formerly known as the FNB Stadium, Soccer Stadium is located in the Soweto area of Johannesburg and among other games will host the final of the tournament on 11 July. Designed by Boogertman & Partners and Populous it looks phenomenal, check out the website for more details.
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio