Originally guest posted by James Gilpin
Oliver Goodhall brings some architectural insight from Tokyo.
You are, of course, spoilt for choice when it comes to Tokyo’s architecture (designed and un-designed). Atelier Bow Wow with the Tokyo Institute of Technology Tsukamoto Architectural Laboratory celebrate some of these buildings – usually small, charming and taking up unexpected left-over spaces, in their PET ARCHITECTURE GUIDE BOOK.
Of course Bow Wow’s own work is delightful too!
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”