Originally guest posted by James Gilpin
Oliver Goodhall brings some architectural insight from Tokyo.
You are, of course, spoilt for choice when it comes to Tokyo’s architecture (designed and un-designed). Atelier Bow Wow with the Tokyo Institute of Technology Tsukamoto Architectural Laboratory celebrate some of these buildings – usually small, charming and taking up unexpected left-over spaces, in their PET ARCHITECTURE GUIDE BOOK.
Of course Bow Wow’s own work is delightful too!
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf