Originally guest posted by James Gilpin
Oliver Goodhall brings some architectural insight from Tokyo.
You are, of course, spoilt for choice when it comes to Tokyo’s architecture (designed and un-designed). Atelier Bow Wow with the Tokyo Institute of Technology Tsukamoto Architectural Laboratory celebrate some of these buildings – usually small, charming and taking up unexpected left-over spaces, in their PET ARCHITECTURE GUIDE BOOK.
Of course Bow Wow’s own work is delightful too!
- Sam Pilling directs video for DJ Shadow track Nobody Speaks
- Mrzyk & Moriceau's hilariously psychedelic music video for The Avalanches
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August