Irish photographer Richard Mosse hasn’t had the most straightforward journey to becoming a photographer but it seems to be paying dividend as his portfolio is bursting at the seems with stunning shots.
Born in Dublin, he grew up in County Kilkenny before studying a BA in English Literature and a Masters in Cultural Studies from the London Consortium. Upon completion he pursued a Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art from Goldsmiths before finally earning an MFA in Photography from Yale University School of Art. Pictured is 707 Damascus, from January 2008 and the series The Fall.
- Best of the Web: Trump inauguration protest special
- We go behind the scenes of Bonobo’s trippy No Reason video with director Oscar Hudson
- Doppelglanders: 3D animator Julian Glander interviews his name twin
- The witchy dreamscapes of illustrator Maren Karlson
- Maciej Dakowicz's photographs capture unexpected, serendipitous moments
- The comic book influences of illustrator Stefanie Leinhos
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant