Irish photographer Richard Mosse hasn’t had the most straightforward journey to becoming a photographer but it seems to be paying dividend as his portfolio is bursting at the seems with stunning shots.
Born in Dublin, he grew up in County Kilkenny before studying a BA in English Literature and a Masters in Cultural Studies from the London Consortium. Upon completion he pursued a Postgraduate Diploma in Fine Art from Goldsmiths before finally earning an MFA in Photography from Yale University School of Art. Pictured is 707 Damascus, from January 2008 and the series The Fall.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”