The sneak peaks continue, this time with an introduction to Issue #4’s work section. Anyone still keen to get their hands on an exclusive print by James Jarvis have until next Thursday (30 September) to pre-order. Also, we’ve updated the flickr page with a whole load of behind the scenes imagery.
An overview of the Work section
Carl Kleiner pits big versus small. Eric Yahnker presents a four-eyed dog. Qiu Yang features photography good enough to knock you sideways. Rui Tenreiro presents illustration so charming it will knock you back the other way, perhaps quicker, and Hans Hemmert will force you into questioning the role of balloons in modern art.
Supermundane presents poetry so wonderful you’ll probably frame it, and swoon. Sebastian Errazuriz will grab your attention by the throat, and you will realise how ridiculously necessary it is. Bernard Voita presents work so beautiful we’d prefer not to write about it. Michael Landy reveals an appetite for destruction.
Paul Blow shows off his sublime natural line. Chris Cornish expects you to look at nothing and enjoy it. Willy Chyr reasserts the use of balloons in modern art. Francis Tabary reveals himself to be a magician. Owen Silverwood presents high-definition composites. Justin Kemp is just having fun, guys. Aitken & Hodge are half-way to creating the world we all want to live in and, finally, Michael Johansson presents “3D jigsaws made entirely out of real life.”
All orders made before midnight on 30 September 2010 will also receive a free, exclusive screen print by James Jarvis. Check out the shop for more details…
- Twin brothers V/A/B on their “difficultly simple” approach to design
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s