Milly Freeman was one of our favourite graduates of 2010. A few more facts: she likes being a tourist, makes brightly-coloured prints for fun, is a big fan of BBC i-player, and should be considered “one to watch.”
Milly’s image of the year: “This year I have been enjoying print making and having just moved from Penzance to London, thought this picture summed it up.”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
What broke? How did you fix it?
I burnt a hole in my desk with a makeshift light box, oops. It is now disguised with a table cloth.
What was the best thing you saw this year?
Three shooting stars, they whooshed by with long tails like in cartoons.
What was your favourite day of the year?
A day in July when I saw ‘The Red Shoes,’ by the Knee High Theatre. The witty adaptation took place in a tent in Cornwall with live music. It felt like a festival.
Most dangerous/ scariest moment?
Moving to London.
Best Google image search of 2010?
I was searching pantomime horses and discovered there are pantomime Grand Nationals.
Best man/woman of the year?
A woman I saw with a wheelbarrow attached to her bike.
Your finest moment?
I took part in a comedy improvisation class in Brighton. I went extremely wobbly and my voice disappeared. It was embarrassing!
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My hat. It’s the perfect shape, fit and is warm.
What would you like to say to 2010?
Slow down. 2011 is coming up fast!
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery