Milly Freeman was one of our favourite graduates of 2010. A few more facts: she likes being a tourist, makes brightly-coloured prints for fun, is a big fan of BBC i-player, and should be considered “one to watch.”
Milly’s image of the year: “This year I have been enjoying print making and having just moved from Penzance to London, thought this picture summed it up.”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
What broke? How did you fix it?
I burnt a hole in my desk with a makeshift light box, oops. It is now disguised with a table cloth.
What was the best thing you saw this year?
Three shooting stars, they whooshed by with long tails like in cartoons.
What was your favourite day of the year?
A day in July when I saw ‘The Red Shoes,’ by the Knee High Theatre. The witty adaptation took place in a tent in Cornwall with live music. It felt like a festival.
Most dangerous/ scariest moment?
Moving to London.
Best Google image search of 2010?
I was searching pantomime horses and discovered there are pantomime Grand Nationals.
Best man/woman of the year?
A woman I saw with a wheelbarrow attached to her bike.
Your finest moment?
I took part in a comedy improvisation class in Brighton. I went extremely wobbly and my voice disappeared. It was embarrassing!
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My hat. It’s the perfect shape, fit and is warm.
What would you like to say to 2010?
Slow down. 2011 is coming up fast!
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)