Milly Freeman was one of our favourite graduates of 2010. A few more facts: she likes being a tourist, makes brightly-coloured prints for fun, is a big fan of BBC i-player, and should be considered “one to watch.”
Milly’s image of the year: “This year I have been enjoying print making and having just moved from Penzance to London, thought this picture summed it up.”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
What broke? How did you fix it?
I burnt a hole in my desk with a makeshift light box, oops. It is now disguised with a table cloth.
What was the best thing you saw this year?
Three shooting stars, they whooshed by with long tails like in cartoons.
What was your favourite day of the year?
A day in July when I saw ‘The Red Shoes,’ by the Knee High Theatre. The witty adaptation took place in a tent in Cornwall with live music. It felt like a festival.
Most dangerous/ scariest moment?
Moving to London.
Best Google image search of 2010?
I was searching pantomime horses and discovered there are pantomime Grand Nationals.
Best man/woman of the year?
A woman I saw with a wheelbarrow attached to her bike.
Your finest moment?
I took part in a comedy improvisation class in Brighton. I went extremely wobbly and my voice disappeared. It was embarrassing!
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My hat. It’s the perfect shape, fit and is warm.
What would you like to say to 2010?
Slow down. 2011 is coming up fast!
- American Studies: Jeremy Liebman unpacks his father’s photography archive
- Christian Pardini's Studio Flat creates neat type-based posters, postcards and identity design
- Lynnie Zulu decorates her exotic characters in punchy hues and patterns
- Production Type and Large’s confident and consistent designs for electronic music mag Trax
- Mark Manzi makes a spectacle of spectators at the Queen’s 90th Birthday
- New work from Supermundane show Everything Connects
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- The Imperfection Booklets by O.OO explain the nuances of Risograph printing
- Reactions to the referendum and our weekly Best of the Web
- Babak Ganjei paints 90s sitcom sitting rooms. But which one's which?
- Pop, subcultures and the future of graphic design: an interview with Experimental Jetset
- Oliver Curtis photographs the world’s most famous monuments, the wrong way round