We’re not sure how to talk about what Keetra Dean Dixon does. She illustrates; writes (she wrote an intimidatingly articulate piece for the third issue of our magazine); and creates ‘fickle banners’ complete with zips. But perhaps it doesn’t matter that we don’t know what she does, exactly, so long as she keeps doing it.
Keetra’s image of the year: "Excerpt from the Divided series; Banners for a fickle will. May your 2011 be sans zippers (IDEAL)!”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
7.7, not sure why. Actually that might be a little generous, but if I am generous while judging 2010, maybe 2011 will be kind.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Several things. Duct tape of course!
What was the best thing you saw this year?
A peak at my home base, Eagle River, Alaska, via Skype after a bout of homesickness. Or that demo of laminar flow!
What was your favourite day of the year?
A long anticipated return to NYC complete with puppy cuddles and phenomenal take away.
Most dangerous/scariest moment?
Driving for the first time in 5 years.
Best Google image search of 2010?
It’s a tie between Babydoll sheep & unusual cauliflower (seeking romanesco cauliflower).
Best man/woman of the year?
Juniper Aliya Tichenor.
Your finest moment?
14 hours of uninterrupted sleep. High achievement for an insomniac!
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My sweet little laptop.
What would you like to say to 2010?
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Kang YeonJi’s beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- Making propaganda about propaganda: Metahaven’s new film considers fantasy and truth in internet culture
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016