We’re not sure how to talk about what Keetra Dean Dixon does. She illustrates; writes (she wrote an intimidatingly articulate piece for the third issue of our magazine); and creates ‘fickle banners’ complete with zips. But perhaps it doesn’t matter that we don’t know what she does, exactly, so long as she keeps doing it.
Keetra’s image of the year: "Excerpt from the Divided series; Banners for a fickle will. May your 2011 be sans zippers (IDEAL)!”
Mark out of 10 for 2010?
7.7, not sure why. Actually that might be a little generous, but if I am generous while judging 2010, maybe 2011 will be kind.
What broke? How did you fix it?
Several things. Duct tape of course!
What was the best thing you saw this year?
A peak at my home base, Eagle River, Alaska, via Skype after a bout of homesickness. Or that demo of laminar flow!
What was your favourite day of the year?
A long anticipated return to NYC complete with puppy cuddles and phenomenal take away.
Most dangerous/scariest moment?
Driving for the first time in 5 years.
Best Google image search of 2010?
It’s a tie between Babydoll sheep & unusual cauliflower (seeking romanesco cauliflower).
Best man/woman of the year?
Juniper Aliya Tichenor.
Your finest moment?
14 hours of uninterrupted sleep. High achievement for an insomniac!
If you could only take one thing that you bought in 2010 into 2011, what would it be?
My sweet little laptop.
What would you like to say to 2010?
- The idyllic and relatable still lifes of Bradley Kerl
- We spoke to the director behind Young Thug's "Wyclef Jean" video
- Illustrator Marina Pcheliakova’s happy characters follow a range of leisure pursuits
- A closer look at the work of “performer and plastic artist” Caroline Denervaud
- Oriele Steiner’s naive pastel works interpret the world around her
- Alan Resnick animates the adventures of his odd little character Johnny Bubble
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant