Originally guest posted by James Houston
The most recent project I was involved in was to create a promo video for “So Tomorrow” by Official Secrets Act. They knew my work from seeing my graduation video for Radiohead ‘Big Ideas (Don’t get any)‘ video online, and asked me to create something for them. This was my result, made with the shortest turnaround I’ve ever had on a project – DV footage was shot of the band performing in London, then the tapes were couriered to me to work my magic in Glasgow. The frames around the video are based on old arcade cabinet bezels, and were used to bump the resolution up to lovely 720p high definition.
- Knock knock. Who's there? It's Best of the Web!
- William Knight's socially conscious portfolio of graphic design
- Alan Fears’ papier mâché heads are a humorous portrait of ourselves
- The quiet humour of illustrator Elena Xausa
- Devilish charm: the illustrations of Polly Nor
- Illustrator Thomas Howe’s detailed character studies capture quirky personas
- Reasons Not To Do Graphic Design by Yotam Hadar
- Nostalgia in branding: top design studios analyse the NatWest and Co-op retrobrands
- Google and Monotype launch Noto, an open-source typeface family for all the world’s languages
- The only way is ethics: what are the moral obligations of a graphic designer?
- Rachel Levit illustrates contemporary relationships in new book
- Creative agency INT Works relaunches as Anyways, with a playful graphic identity