Originally guest posted by James Houston
The most recent project I was involved in was to create a promo video for “So Tomorrow” by Official Secrets Act. They knew my work from seeing my graduation video for Radiohead ‘Big Ideas (Don’t get any)‘ video online, and asked me to create something for them. This was my result, made with the shortest turnaround I’ve ever had on a project – DV footage was shot of the band performing in London, then the tapes were couriered to me to work my magic in Glasgow. The frames around the video are based on old arcade cabinet bezels, and were used to bump the resolution up to lovely 720p high definition.
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Fashion photographer Marie Zucker widens her scope towards personal photographic travelogues
- Kyle Platts and Andy Baker's animation takes us on a kaleidoscopic trip through the park
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys