Originally guest posted by James Houston
The most recent project I was involved in was to create a promo video for “So Tomorrow” by Official Secrets Act. They knew my work from seeing my graduation video for Radiohead ‘Big Ideas (Don’t get any)‘ video online, and asked me to create something for them. This was my result, made with the shortest turnaround I’ve ever had on a project – DV footage was shot of the band performing in London, then the tapes were couriered to me to work my magic in Glasgow. The frames around the video are based on old arcade cabinet bezels, and were used to bump the resolution up to lovely 720p high definition.
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- A magazine that tells stories of life, from everywhere and anywhere
- Effortlessly sleek art direction from Paris-based Romain Lenancker
- New York's Meatpacking district rebranded by Base Design to highlight area’s “contrasts”
- Being creative and looking at art: what can it do for mental health?
- Impossible perspectives and block-like figures in Mernet Larsen’s paintings
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Why “cool” stunts creativity: one agency offers its opinion
- Fresh, vibrant poster work from South Korean designer Soojin Lee
- Pentagram’s Emily Oberman brands Snoop Dogg’s new line of weed products
- How do you redesign Kinfolk? What does graphic designing for Wes Anderson involve? Can drawing get you girls?
- Inspire and being inspired: graphic designers who teach