A ‘Limited Edition’ used to be a very easy thing to grasp – however, increasingly often, especially in art and design circles we are seeing the concept’s boundaries pushed.
No longer is it merely a restricted press of a book, or printing of a print – it seems to be being applied to everything. 6 Inch records is Radiohead collaborator Stanley Donwood‘s latest venture, and a very interesting one it is too.
He has released 3 records through a self set up record label, designed the packaging and has also decided that each one will cost £6.66 and there will only ever be 333 copies of each.
Donwood has an incredibly loyal following and no doubt there won’t be many left come christmas, despite it’s dark price tag.
- Submit Saturdays: Tips for Social Media
- New Originals: introducing the London Rollergirls
- The best things on the internet, readers' comments and who to follow on social media
- Our A-Z Guide to the UK's 2016 Graduate Shows
- LGBT in advertising: “What we need now is bravery"
- Images packed with life, leather and charm in Bex Day's new series for Pylot
- The new Sagmeister & Walsh website has a live feed from a snake enclosure and a new naked photo (NSFW)
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Sexual, surreal and disturbing: the weird work of super-skilled Claudia Maté
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"