A ‘Limited Edition’ used to be a very easy thing to grasp – however, increasingly often, especially in art and design circles we are seeing the concept’s boundaries pushed.
No longer is it merely a restricted press of a book, or printing of a print – it seems to be being applied to everything. 6 Inch records is Radiohead collaborator Stanley Donwood‘s latest venture, and a very interesting one it is too.
He has released 3 records through a self set up record label, designed the packaging and has also decided that each one will cost £6.66 and there will only ever be 333 copies of each.
Donwood has an incredibly loyal following and no doubt there won’t be many left come christmas, despite it’s dark price tag.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages