Originally guest posted by No Days Off
Fred Butler is a creator of beautiful, colourful prop styling and unique one-off accessories. The image you see here was a commission from Vogue to make an ‘Exploding Necklace’. It’s a variation on the dodecahedron design from her collection but, unfortunately, it never made it into the final shoot, so this snap from the studio is the only reference we have of her hard work! There’s plenty more great stuff to see on her site though, and her new accessories collection should be available now – get in touch in with Fred if you want a piece of the action.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label