It’s rare that you see big companies taking a bit of a risk and doing interesting creative projects for their promotion. Samsung however have pushed the boat out for their new ‘Pixon’ camera phone, by getting photographer Nick Turpin on board to put the new piece of kit through it’s paces.
Over a month, Nick is traveling around with the camera phone, taking pictures – the catch being that he doesn’t decide where he goes next – you do. Every time a photo is taken and uploaded the public have the option to click anywhere on the image to decide the starting point for Nick’s next photograph.
The project has only just finished with an exhibition planned in a couple of days — if you want a description that does the project a little more justice then click through below.
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery