Last night saw the first ever It’s Nice That talk take place in London’s soho. We invited creative maestro Riitta Ikonen to speak about her work, and also bring along two other people that she thought we’d be interested in. Alongside Riitta’s presentation we were treated to a first hand account of how to taxidermy a phesant by Jazmine Miles-Long and then a heartwarmingly detailed account of the ‘Mysterious letter project’ by Michael Crowe and Lenka Clayton
The talks will be posted up here every Friday for the next three weeks, and fingers crossed you’ll be able to subscribe to the vodcast through iTunes. A huge thanks to all our speakers and Sense Worldwide for the fantastic hospitality.
- Cheeky, irreverent and vivid illustrations by Thomas Hedger
- Brilliant branding and a cracking It’s Nice That collaboration: introducing Unmade
- Director collective Canada creates raunchy, psychedelic video for Tame Impala (NSFW)
- Stylish designs that aim to make online gift-buying as fun as "walking around a concept store"
- Alex Sheridan’s hilarious shots of comedian David O’Doherty in sports memorabilia
- Cult magazine Nova and its nods to “eroticism and extortion” photographed in a suitably 70s setting
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Japanese illustrator Nimura Daisuke is back with his charmingly naughty gifs
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Making branding with a purpose: what can we learn from the Bauhaus?