Last night saw the first ever It’s Nice That talk take place in London’s soho. We invited creative maestro Riitta Ikonen to speak about her work, and also bring along two other people that she thought we’d be interested in. Alongside Riitta’s presentation we were treated to a first hand account of how to taxidermy a phesant by Jazmine Miles-Long and then a heartwarmingly detailed account of the ‘Mysterious letter project’ by Michael Crowe and Lenka Clayton
The talks will be posted up here every Friday for the next three weeks, and fingers crossed you’ll be able to subscribe to the vodcast through iTunes. A huge thanks to all our speakers and Sense Worldwide for the fantastic hospitality.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label