Last night saw the first ever It’s Nice That talk take place in London’s soho. We invited creative maestro Riitta Ikonen to speak about her work, and also bring along two other people that she thought we’d be interested in. Alongside Riitta’s presentation we were treated to a first hand account of how to taxidermy a phesant by Jazmine Miles-Long and then a heartwarmingly detailed account of the ‘Mysterious letter project’ by Michael Crowe and Lenka Clayton
The talks will be posted up here every Friday for the next three weeks, and fingers crossed you’ll be able to subscribe to the vodcast through iTunes. A huge thanks to all our speakers and Sense Worldwide for the fantastic hospitality.
- Back once again, it's Best of the Web!
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality
- Gabriella Boyd’s paintings capture fleeting moments of intimacy
- Friday Mixtape: Because Music's Jane Third creates a lo-fi electronic mix
- Magic Party Place: CJ Clarke photographs Basildon, Essex over ten years
- Diane Fox distorts the “illusion of the diorama” with beguiling images of museum exhibits
- Photographer Trent Davis Bailey documents rural American community The North Fork
- Mr Bingo’s Valentine’s cards for single people
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- Graphic artist Patrick Thomas’ found poster collages