Last night saw the first ever It’s Nice That talk take place in London’s soho. We invited creative maestro Riitta Ikonen to speak about her work, and also bring along two other people that she thought we’d be interested in. Alongside Riitta’s presentation we were treated to a first hand account of how to taxidermy a phesant by Jazmine Miles-Long and then a heartwarmingly detailed account of the ‘Mysterious letter project’ by Michael Crowe and Lenka Clayton
The talks will be posted up here every Friday for the next three weeks, and fingers crossed you’ll be able to subscribe to the vodcast through iTunes. A huge thanks to all our speakers and Sense Worldwide for the fantastic hospitality.
- You lucky devils, it's Best of the Web!
- Bogdan Ceausescu and Sebastian Pren experiment with grids and shapes in their latest zine
- Friday Mixtape: Illustrator and guitarist Sophy Hollington's *feels* mixtape
- Photographer Anastasia Korosteleva's waterborne portraits of Maldivian girls
- We caught up with photographer Adama Jalloh
- Seoul studio Everyday Practice talks about its collaborative approach to design
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Matthew Raw: the east London artist making clay great again