Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been making brilliant music for a long time, and this morning sees them re-release their first four classic albums. Always great on the artwork and video front too, much to the thanks of directing duo Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard.
Best known for their ‘re-enactments of cultural and art historical events and documents’, they have a fascinating folio, the like of which you’ve never seen before, including ‘A Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide’, which saw them re-stage David Bowie’s final performance as Ziggy Stardust 25 years after the original event. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack, here’s one of their more recent videos for Nick Cave with a little cameo from Will Self among others..
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- Carmel Buckley and Mark Harris disect the album covers of calypso singer Mighty Sparrow
- Robots, rules and corporate identity: inside issue three of Japanese football magazine Shukyu
- It's alright, we're alright: the world through the lens of Blaise Cepis
- Sean and Seng travelled to Mongolia to shoot for Arena Homme+
- Joshua T Gibbons provides an insight into the relaxed bachelor lifestyle of Cockney Stan
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich