Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been making brilliant music for a long time, and this morning sees them re-release their first four classic albums. Always great on the artwork and video front too, much to the thanks of directing duo Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard.
Best known for their ‘re-enactments of cultural and art historical events and documents’, they have a fascinating folio, the like of which you’ve never seen before, including ‘A Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide’, which saw them re-stage David Bowie’s final performance as Ziggy Stardust 25 years after the original event. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack, here’s one of their more recent videos for Nick Cave with a little cameo from Will Self among others..
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- The best things on the web, YOUR best comments and the finest folk to follow on social media
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery