Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been making brilliant music for a long time, and this morning sees them re-release their first four classic albums. Always great on the artwork and video front too, much to the thanks of directing duo Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard.
Best known for their ‘re-enactments of cultural and art historical events and documents’, they have a fascinating folio, the like of which you’ve never seen before, including ‘A Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide’, which saw them re-stage David Bowie’s final performance as Ziggy Stardust 25 years after the original event. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack, here’s one of their more recent videos for Nick Cave with a little cameo from Will Self among others..
- A treasure trove of goodies, it’s Best of the Web!
- Donald Sanger illustrates a grotesque and humorous version of humanity
- Photographer Joshua Osborne takes a closer look at Havana’s male subcultures
- Friday Mixtape: Ghostpoet’s “drum worship mix” for all your percussive needs
- Yann Kebbi’s chaotic pencil drawings depict various forms of catastrophe
- Viva MS Paint: illustrators pay tribute to (the now saved) program
- The New York Times Magazine’s new cover is actually a painting
- BBC’s new typeface BBC Reith is designed to improve legibility on screen
- “It needs to be normalised that women masturbate”: meet illustrator Jordyn McGeachin
- Life through the lens of enchanting photographer Vicki King
- Six months in the (enviable) life of photographer Ryan Lowry
- We get to know hilarious and thoughtful illustrator, Ruby Etc