Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have been making brilliant music for a long time, and this morning sees them re-release their first four classic albums. Always great on the artwork and video front too, much to the thanks of directing duo Iain Forsyth and Jane Pollard.
Best known for their ‘re-enactments of cultural and art historical events and documents’, they have a fascinating folio, the like of which you’ve never seen before, including ‘A Rock ’N’ Roll Suicide’, which saw them re-stage David Bowie’s final performance as Ziggy Stardust 25 years after the original event. Anyway, sorry to sidetrack, here’s one of their more recent videos for Nick Cave with a little cameo from Will Self among others..
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf