This weekend saw the start of the Olympics, and although overshadowed by many external factors a brilliant month of sport awaits us.
Forget the ceremony, however undeniably impressive it was, it’s bound to have been posted everywhere by now for sure, so I’m turning my olympic focus to Usain Bolt, fastest man in the world.
The 100m is always a bit of a crowd pleaser and I for one cannot wait to see if he manages to beat his own 9.72s record next weekend.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale