Had the pleasure of meeting up with Micha & Cheryl from Amsterdam based studio Hexaplex. Really nice guys, check out their work, especially this for Vanessa van Dam (pictured).
‘We like to create design that takes advantage of all opportunities in web communication. We like to design and build web sites where users can contribute to the content by reacting to it. An inviting kind of communication. Basically we dream of the ultimate interaction between authors and visitors. Of course it all depends on who you want to be talking to and we know we can all be a bit particular.’
And here’s a little something they added (on our request) from Johan Cruyff, ‘Toeval is logisch’ meaning ‘Coincidence is logical’. Nice.
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs