Originally guest posted by With Associates
Continued understanding. Day 2: Formats. Creativity – Good. Innovation – Nice. Originality – Sweet. There are countless facets to this realm we call Design and the ability it has to continually surprise never ceases to amaze. But as time passes and ideas come and go, a certain theme is always left. On a scientific level it’s like chaos theory. From a technical perspective it’s more a design pattern . But at the base, it’s a good old fashioned format like the A series, or Helvetica, or even a t-shirt, or Polaroid film, or Munnys and Dunnys and Bears! Oh, my! To formats then. Systems and platforms that judge us all equally. Boundaries within which originality can be proven. Look out for them and protect them with your lives, because as a creative, they are your livelihood.
- The people’s choice, it’s Best of the Web!
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Lukas Korshan photographs Dulwich Hamlet FC, where you can “drink beer, stand up, and let loose"
- “The field is stretching itself bigger and bigger” - Jurgen Bey on design education and infinite possibility
- Peter Judson messes with depth perception in new personal project, Infection
- Friday Mixtape: Robbie Simon's mix for a party at 9am, with no end in sight
- Fashion photographer Miles Aldridge shoots the cast of Game of Thrones for Time Magazine
- The Netherlands’ royal crest changes gender for national women’s football team kit by Nike
- Peek inside erotic magazine Odiseo’s very NSFW tenth issue
- Rick and Morty’s Exquisite Corpse trailer features 22 animators including Simon Landrein and Bendik Kaltenborn
- Design director, Gail Bichler, on The New York Times Magazine typography exhibition
- Mark Shaw captures the glamour of haute couture runways from the 1950s