Originally guest posted by With Associates
Continued understanding. Day 2: Formats. Creativity – Good. Innovation – Nice. Originality – Sweet. There are countless facets to this realm we call Design and the ability it has to continually surprise never ceases to amaze. But as time passes and ideas come and go, a certain theme is always left. On a scientific level it’s like chaos theory. From a technical perspective it’s more a design pattern . But at the base, it’s a good old fashioned format like the A series, or Helvetica, or even a t-shirt, or Polaroid film, or Munnys and Dunnys and Bears! Oh, my! To formats then. Systems and platforms that judge us all equally. Boundaries within which originality can be proven. Look out for them and protect them with your lives, because as a creative, they are your livelihood.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale