Originally guest posted by With Associates
Continued understanding. Day 2: Formats. Creativity – Good. Innovation – Nice. Originality – Sweet. There are countless facets to this realm we call Design and the ability it has to continually surprise never ceases to amaze. But as time passes and ideas come and go, a certain theme is always left. On a scientific level it’s like chaos theory. From a technical perspective it’s more a design pattern . But at the base, it’s a good old fashioned format like the A series, or Helvetica, or even a t-shirt, or Polaroid film, or Munnys and Dunnys and Bears! Oh, my! To formats then. Systems and platforms that judge us all equally. Boundaries within which originality can be proven. Look out for them and protect them with your lives, because as a creative, they are your livelihood.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”