Originally guest posted by With Associates
Continued understanding. Day 1: Desire Paths. The most frequently asked questions we get at With are about search engine optimisation. ‘How do I make people come to my site?’ Well, on a day that iA post about an annoying kid with 45 million users, the understanding that you can neither accurately predict nor force users against their will is clear.
The general trick though is less about SEO and more about accepting that the path you have set might not be the one people want to tread. The clever bit comes observing and learning from the clues people give about what they truly desire.
- TFI the weekend! Here's the Best of the Web, as deemed by It's Nice That
- “Legs eleven, droopy drawers, dirty knees”: A clock that uses bingo calls instead of numbers
- Great new work for The New York Times and Bloomberg Businessweek from Oscar Bolton Green
- Dots, blocks and fades layered up in multifaceted exhibition identity for The Hague’s Royal Academy
- Patty Carroll’s bizarre photos hide women in chaotic, hand-built scenes
- Dougal Wilson’s Morris Dancing-heavy first music video in six years
- An insight into The Guardian’s newly released brand guidelines
- Art and architecture get exhibitions and galleries: graphic design should too
- Graphic identity lovers rejoice: “an unprecedented catalogue of modern trademarks” is here
- Russian photographer Erik Panov's latex and salmon themed fashion shoot
- Photographing the choreography and chaos of the England cheerleading team
- Japanese artist Tatsuro Kiuchi is back with more beautifully finished illustrations