Originally guest posted by With Associates
Continued understanding. Day 1: Desire Paths. The most frequently asked questions we get at With are about search engine optimisation. ‘How do I make people come to my site?’ Well, on a day that iA post about an annoying kid with 45 million users, the understanding that you can neither accurately predict nor force users against their will is clear.
The general trick though is less about SEO and more about accepting that the path you have set might not be the one people want to tread. The clever bit comes observing and learning from the clues people give about what they truly desire.
- Anthony Burrill tells us about his numerous Etsy WORK HARD rip-offs
- Stina Löfgren’s instructional illustrations for practical lunges
- Scandinavian aesthetics and do-right design approach: the brand values of Nudie Jeans
- A beautiful portrait of the communities, theatre and blingy pants of South Yorkshire wrestling
- Back to basics with Davide Di Gennaro’s symbol-heavy design workshop identity
- “I wouldn’t recommend trying to make it as an illustrator to anyone”: straight-talking McBess
- Should illustrators be treated like designers?
- Jonathan Barnbrook talks us through designing David Bowie's new album artwork
- Colourful masses with a Memphis aesthetic in Mariano Pascual’s illustrated alphabet
- Grey London's thoughtful, powerful and innovative new campaign for Tate Britain
- Anthony Burrill on starting out and staying focussed
- Introducing French design studio plus mûrs and its beautiful poster designs