Originally guest posted by With Associates
Continued understanding. Day 1: Desire Paths. The most frequently asked questions we get at With are about search engine optimisation. ‘How do I make people come to my site?’ Well, on a day that iA post about an annoying kid with 45 million users, the understanding that you can neither accurately predict nor force users against their will is clear.
The general trick though is less about SEO and more about accepting that the path you have set might not be the one people want to tread. The clever bit comes observing and learning from the clues people give about what they truly desire.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?