For want of a better definition, With Associates is a web agency. But cracking through that deceptively crispy crème brûlée-esque surface reveals a friendlier set of skills. As the name suggest, their focus is on working with people, and they do so by guiding and consulting with their clients, as opposed to telling them point-blank how things should be.
“We can build huge database driven multi-language community websites if you like… but if a print designer needs help producing an easily up-datable portfolio site for a photographer, then cool, let’s talk. We try to understand, before we implement.”
Fit for purpose.
- Creative director David Lane tells us about redesigning frieze and creating campaigns for Hermés and Ally Capellino
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Anibal Bley’s Risograph zine experiments with glitchy patterns and illustrations
- CG Watkins’ narratively driven photography conveys mystery and escapism
- Sharp Type creates punchy typeface inspired by Swiss designer Adrian Frutiger
- Illustrator Susa Monteiro’s lonely figures battle the elements
- Grope Sans: a very rude typeface by Bompas & Parr
- Japanese graphic designer Ryu Mieno creates type-heavy works fizzing with energy
- The reductive and exacting work of graphic designer Laura Prim
- Why creative education for advertising is stuck in the dark ages
- Leipzig-based graphic designer Anja Kaiser takes us through her portfolio
- Nicolas Jaar releases Network, a book inspired by radio