All weekend Will and I have been spending every waking hour on an installation project which opens tonight.
We were commissioned by Pure Groove Records to deck out their shop to co-inside with the release of Sheffield band ‘The Yell’s new limited release single ‘Party Lounge’.
So, 500 carpet tiles, four very sore hands and two solid days laying carpet later, we’re pleased to say the new look shop is ready for everyone to see from this evening (sneak preview below).
The Yell will be playing instore from 6:30- 8pm, 6-7 West Smithfield, Clerkenwell, EC1A – the more the merrier.
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- The photographer archiving South Africa’s black lesbian community
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Friday Mixtape: Grammy award-winning Tinariwen curates a genre-crossing mix
- Designer Kara Zichittella talks about her typographically-led projects
- “Where’s my community?”: Skin Deep and POC on the need for diversity in the film industry
- A new national identity: Smörgåsbord Studio rebrands Wales
- Graphic design gems: Chicago gang business cards from the 1970s and 80s
- Photographer Dougie Wallace captures the super rich spenders of “Harrodsburg”
- “Romance in a sort-of fantasy world”: photographer Molly Matalon's new work (some NSFW)
- Studio Michael Satter’s sophisticatedly simple graphic design portfolio
- Harry Pearce and Pentagram create a new identity for Pink Floyd’s record label