All weekend Will and I have been spending every waking hour on an installation project which opens tonight.
We were commissioned by Pure Groove Records to deck out their shop to co-inside with the release of Sheffield band ‘The Yell’s new limited release single ‘Party Lounge’.
So, 500 carpet tiles, four very sore hands and two solid days laying carpet later, we’re pleased to say the new look shop is ready for everyone to see from this evening (sneak preview below).
The Yell will be playing instore from 6:30- 8pm, 6-7 West Smithfield, Clerkenwell, EC1A – the more the merrier.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Yoshinori Mizutani captures the colourful, rain soaked commuters of Tokyo
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Poem Baker photographs the Jûngølā drag clowns of London’s Deptford
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery