All weekend Will and I have been spending every waking hour on an installation project which opens tonight.
We were commissioned by Pure Groove Records to deck out their shop to co-inside with the release of Sheffield band ‘The Yell’s new limited release single ‘Party Lounge’.
So, 500 carpet tiles, four very sore hands and two solid days laying carpet later, we’re pleased to say the new look shop is ready for everyone to see from this evening (sneak preview below).
The Yell will be playing instore from 6:30- 8pm, 6-7 West Smithfield, Clerkenwell, EC1A – the more the merrier.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale