Originally guest posted by Michael Bojkowski
Bon Bon Kakku is the Finnish Threadless for Fabrics. Continuing the Finnish tradition of innovative pattern and textile design (Helsinki is also home to the burgeoning Marimekko empire), interior design group Vallila have created an online community for pattern makers. Anyone can upload and submit a fabric design to their regular competitions and if your design gets selected, you get a whole heap of fabric, with your design on it, to play with for free! Sweet. The website also contains orginal designs by former Syrup Helsinki designers, Kokoro & Moi.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”