Originally guest posted by Michael Bojkowski
Music and graphics are indivisible in Mark Robinson’s distinctive brand of design. Best known for having founded the Washington based indie label, Teenbeat records, Mark has been producing the majority of the artwork on the label himself under the moniker ‘Teenbeat Graphica’ as well as playing on and producing much of it’s output. Now over 20 years young, Teenbeat provides a rich seem of graphic experimentation. Something you could only get away with when you are your own client. Mark’s getting ready to launch his online portfolio, in the meantime you can always peruse Teenbeat’s impressive back catalogue.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?