Schaffas I hear you ask, me too. Well these ‘gentle and un-aspiring creature of great mystery’ took me by surprise as well but you just can’t help look through them all. Adelaideans Sam Barratt & Chris Edser have hand-picked art-friends from all over the world to customize their own breed of schaffas. They were each sent a similar blank shape and given free reign to add, subtract, paint or destroy these objects.
Pictured is Timid Tony designed by Jono Menz and described as, ‘Tony’s skin colour changes based on emotion. He can turn all the colours of the rainbow. When he is relaxed he is a mellow yellow, if he’s angry he’s a fiery red and when he is alarmed his skin turns blue and his hair stands on end. Despite having this amazing ability he is practically always blue because he is just so very timid.’
- Submit Saturdays: So you’ve built your website, what’s next?
- Kalen Hollomon's collages mix sex with fortune cookies
- Best of the web: a whole host of internet goodies
- Mould Map's latest issue is brought to life as an exhibition
- Photographer Toru Akai uncovers the Invisible Machinery that defines modern life
- Kuti Kuti, the comic association looking to educate and inspire
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- London Design Festival: where to go and what to see
- Caitlyn Murphy's paintings elevate the charm of everyday life
- Sean Lotman’s serenely psychedelic photographs of Japan