Giles Revell and Matt Willey (of Studio8 Design) got their hands on two original Photofit kits (a nicely tactile process of criminal identification now replaced by digital imaging) and invited a handful of people to attempt to recreate their likenesses with them. Some were featured in Guardian Unlimited late last year, but you can download a PDF of the project in its entirety at the Studio8 website.
A humble thankye to Peter James Field for sending us the link.
- Submit Saturdays: First impressions and Cover Pages
- A futuristic framework for the retrospective of pioneering “total design” advocate Ove Arup
- Cool off with this week's Best of the Web and who to follow on social media
- Elena Éper's spirited illustrations to make you smile and squirm
- Pencil Bandit and Grey London produce quirky branded stings for E4
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Chris (Simpsons Artist)'s surreal but accurate illustrations of creative jobs
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Photographer Adrienne Salinger’s series of teenage bedrooms from the 90s
- Is it ever OK to work for free?