Having avoided any of the Obama/McCain ‘design’ that has been banded around the internet in the last 12 months it is hard for me to post something war related. I pass no comment on the statistics but a nice animation never the less.
‘In 2003, Donald Rumsfeld estimated a war with Iraq would cost $60 billion. Five years later, the cost of Iraq war operations is more than 10 times that estimate. So what’s behind the ballooning figures? Joseph E. Stiglitz and Linda J. Bilme’s exhaustively researched book, The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict, breaks down the price tag, from current debts to the unseen costs we’ll pay for many years to come.’
Video by Matt Owens, Michael Schaubach, Rus Garofalo, MacKenzie Fegan, Lindsay Utz and Morgan Currie with all the details over on the Good site.
- Hippolyte Cupillard’s film follows the dreamlike ascent of a mountain climber
- Meet the speakers: Frances Corner, Yukai Du, Akinola Davies and Simon Landrein
- Illustrator Antoine Cossé talks about the highs and lows of creating comic books
- How Greg Barth and Droga5’s surreal, retro-futuristic ad for MailChimp was made
- Llewellyn Mejia's paintings created in between commercial projects
- Robert Nicol’s brutish but spirited illustrations spanning artistic mediums
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero depicts the female body as a canvas for Apartamento (NSFW)
- After Disney, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network, Miranda Tacchia’s characters found life on Instagram
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris