Originally guest posted by THIS IS Studio
When you first see Mikhael Subotsky photos you cant help thanking god that last night you were drinking a cup of tea and watching Eastenders. This is one of his epic photos from his 2004 project Die Vier Hoeke (the four corners), a study of the South African prison system. Johnny fortune (who is climbing out of the industrial washer) dislikes the communal showers and chooses to bath like this during his shift in the prison laundry. Thank god for tea and Eastenders.
- Back so soon? It's Best of the Web!
- The poised collages of New Contemporaries artist Katja Angeli
- True Print: the work of Swiss designer Dafi Kühne catalogued in fantastic new monograph
- The compositional eye of photographer Petr Pawlowski
- French designer Paul Bouigue makes a colourful fanzine about racket sports
- Anthony Burrill designs A-OK! watch in collaboration with Mr Jones Watches
- Photographer Carlota Guerrero on collaborating with Solange and getting signed to WeFolk (some NSFW)
- Taiwanese graphic designer Wang Zhi-Hong’s sublime cover designs
- New York-based Blake Lewis’ neat and considered portfolio exudes simplicity
- Erotic journal Odiseo explores laughter and loathing in its ninth volume (NSFW)
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Sagmeister & Walsh releases more pins, raising funds for “causes threatened by the Trump administration”