New Wild Beasts video from Ross Elliot Cooper & Bugsy Riverbank Steel (aka OneInThree). The duo met at St Martins where they experimented with ‘ridiculous haircuts and porkpie hats’ and have since gone on to direct some pretty impressive music videos.
Their latest outing is a mesmerising and hypnotic tour de force. It pioneers an amazing mind bending visual technique called the ‘Droste Effect’ which is based on an uncompleted lithograph that Escher made in 1956. The maths behind the lithograph was so complicated that Escher was unable to finish the centre of the lithograph and so left it blank. OneInThree developed Josh Sommers’ technique so that it could be applied to moving images and apart from a grade and online at The Mill did all the VFX themselves.
- 71-year-old, formerly homeless Romanian collage artist Ion Bârlādeanu opens first UK show
- Glossy nostalgia from fashion photographer Charlotte Wales
- Simon Eeles’ photographic series is “a tender and wry postcard” from Australia
- Andrea Ucini’s conceptual illustrations play with perspective
- “Sensitive, rigorous” graphic design from Parisian Jérémy Glâtre
- Living for the weekend, it's Best of the Web!
- Petition launched against winner of Foam Paul Huf photography award for “stereotyping and sexism”
- Exclusive: rediscover graphics from Fiorucci’s archival 1984 Panini collaboration
- Kirsten Lepore’s creepy clay character is oddly soothing in this brilliant animation
- Me & EU project will send creative postcards across Europe on trigger date of Article 50
- Phaidon book gathers together 500 of the most iconic graphic designs of all time
- Atelier Brenda: the alter ego of three female designers you need to get to know