New Wild Beasts video from Ross Elliot Cooper & Bugsy Riverbank Steel (aka OneInThree). The duo met at St Martins where they experimented with ‘ridiculous haircuts and porkpie hats’ and have since gone on to direct some pretty impressive music videos.
Their latest outing is a mesmerising and hypnotic tour de force. It pioneers an amazing mind bending visual technique called the ‘Droste Effect’ which is based on an uncompleted lithograph that Escher made in 1956. The maths behind the lithograph was so complicated that Escher was unable to finish the centre of the lithograph and so left it blank. OneInThree developed Josh Sommers’ technique so that it could be applied to moving images and apart from a grade and online at The Mill did all the VFX themselves.
- Art mag Kaleidoscope unveils Mirko Borsche-designed winter issue
- Behind the scenes of the lady who shoots chihuahuas in party hats, yoyoists and strippers
- Great poster designs for Adana Nights series by Vienna-based Lukas Haider
- Illustrator Jim Stoten works his magic for Marmite in a fun new ad campaign
- Design studio Praline reflects on a five year relationship with Peckham Platform
- Obscure and minimal fashion photography from New York-based Paul Jung
- Illustrated campaign for Volkswagen uses parents lying to children as a metaphor
- Rebecca Scheinberg comes pretty damn close to making perfect photographs
- Embracing the uncanny with photographer Nadia Lee Cohen (NSFW)
- Hello and welcome to the new look It’s Nice That
- Craig Gibson's photography is sincere and refreshing
- We ask some established creatives what they wish they'd learned at art school