New Wild Beasts video from Ross Elliot Cooper & Bugsy Riverbank Steel (aka OneInThree). The duo met at St Martins where they experimented with ‘ridiculous haircuts and porkpie hats’ and have since gone on to direct some pretty impressive music videos.
Their latest outing is a mesmerising and hypnotic tour de force. It pioneers an amazing mind bending visual technique called the ‘Droste Effect’ which is based on an uncompleted lithograph that Escher made in 1956. The maths behind the lithograph was so complicated that Escher was unable to finish the centre of the lithograph and so left it blank. OneInThree developed Josh Sommers’ technique so that it could be applied to moving images and apart from a grade and online at The Mill did all the VFX themselves.
- Sam Pilling, Hattie Newman, Phil Sharp and Kit Caless at Nicer Tuesdays September
- Stephanie Unger’s instinctive illustrations use bright colours and simple shapes
- Graphic designer Timo Lenzen fuses hyperreal, architectural forms with vivid colours
- Nobrow co-founder Sam Arthur shares his favourite books
- Photographer Laura Pannack finds inspiration in a Romanian folk tale
- Ho Tam, the one-man-band publisher
- “Nymphomaniac” photographer Casper Sejersen's explosive images
- Anja Wicki's sarcastically sweet comic illustrations
- Logo Pizza is selling 50 ready-made logos that increase in price with each one sold
- Google and INT Works commission 19 illustrators to create over 500 works for Allo app launch
- The Gentlewoman’s art director, Veronica Ditting gives us a peek at her bookshelf