This week we’re hitting the Monday morning boo-hoos where it hurts and with that in mind we’ve got Angus Montgomery, editor of Design Week; journalist, thinker and visual fish pun fan. Over to you Angus…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Lots and lots of coffee. And a cinnamon bun from Fabrique Bakery (my current obsession).
What song will you be listening to most this week?
This week I’ll be mostly listening to the sound of construction work as our office is being ‘refurbished’. If I can hear it over the drilling though, I’ll be listening to Heartbreaks + Setbacks by Thundercat.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An email from a friend with a picture of a giant fish and the maxim “Carp Diem.”
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
I cycle in from Walthamstow each day and in the evenings I ride up the River Lea to look at the swans, otters, and the occasional illegal rave on Tottenham Marshes.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
My colleague Emily is off to Helsinki on a work trip this week. Helsinki is incredible so I wouldn’t mind going over with her (last time I went we had dinner in a pop-up restaurant down a mine-shaft). I’m also excited about going with my girlfriend to see the new Alan Partridge movie.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Get down to number 12 on my to-do list (currently on number three).
- Tokyo illustrator Okamura Yuta and his endearing brush-and-ink characters
- French illustrator Damien Filliatre's “trashy and cynical” universe
- Graphic Designer Robynne Redgrave profiles prolific Yelp.com reviewer in You Can Change
- Photographer Ina Niehoff's "pure and silent" look at the Moroccan countryside
- The meticulously layered and striped paintings of Guy Yanai
- Design studio Sawdust shares its most-loved books
- Wolff Olins and zigbee launch the “first open-source brand for the Internet of Things”
- Graphic Design Festival Paris reveals 19 sport-inspired posters by Hort, Julia, Spassky Fischer and more
- FKA twigs teams up with 17 year old photographer David Uzochukwu for new Nike campaign
- Too Fast To Think: why switching off unlocks creativity
- Brian Finke captures the glitz and glamour of the Ms. Senior America beauty pageant