This week we’re hitting the Monday morning boo-hoos where it hurts and with that in mind we’ve got Angus Montgomery, editor of Design Week; journalist, thinker and visual fish pun fan. Over to you Angus…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Lots and lots of coffee. And a cinnamon bun from Fabrique Bakery (my current obsession).
What song will you be listening to most this week?
This week I’ll be mostly listening to the sound of construction work as our office is being ‘refurbished’. If I can hear it over the drilling though, I’ll be listening to Heartbreaks + Setbacks by Thundercat.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An email from a friend with a picture of a giant fish and the maxim “Carp Diem.”
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
I cycle in from Walthamstow each day and in the evenings I ride up the River Lea to look at the swans, otters, and the occasional illegal rave on Tottenham Marshes.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
My colleague Emily is off to Helsinki on a work trip this week. Helsinki is incredible so I wouldn’t mind going over with her (last time I went we had dinner in a pop-up restaurant down a mine-shaft). I’m also excited about going with my girlfriend to see the new Alan Partridge movie.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Get down to number 12 on my to-do list (currently on number three).
- Like a milder version of Marmite, it’s Best of the Web!
- Meet graphic designer Tor Weibull and his tubular metal typography
- Glasgow watch company Paulin launch new Art Deco-inspired typeface
- Samuel Douek on his pop-up queer art space CAMPerVAN at Tate Modern
- Agnese Morganti celebrates the sparkle and community of Italy’s majorettes
- Friday Mixtape: Visions Festival make us a mix of eclectic acts from its line up
- Larry Hallegua captures sun worshippers on Pattaya Beach in Thailand
- Amsterdam-based photographer Lois Cohen’s "absurd" portraits
- Applicants to UK arts and design university courses declines by over 14,000 this year
- Michael Bierut designs new brand identity for the Poetry Foundation
- Colette, the trailblazer: creatives pay tribute to the iconic Parisian store and its legacy
- The Sky Sports rebrand features bespoke type and refined logos across nine channels