This week we’re hitting the Monday morning boo-hoos where it hurts and with that in mind we’ve got Angus Montgomery, editor of Design Week; journalist, thinker and visual fish pun fan. Over to you Angus…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Lots and lots of coffee. And a cinnamon bun from Fabrique Bakery (my current obsession).
What song will you be listening to most this week?
This week I’ll be mostly listening to the sound of construction work as our office is being ‘refurbished’. If I can hear it over the drilling though, I’ll be listening to Heartbreaks + Setbacks by Thundercat.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An email from a friend with a picture of a giant fish and the maxim “Carp Diem.”
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
I cycle in from Walthamstow each day and in the evenings I ride up the River Lea to look at the swans, otters, and the occasional illegal rave on Tottenham Marshes.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
My colleague Emily is off to Helsinki on a work trip this week. Helsinki is incredible so I wouldn’t mind going over with her (last time I went we had dinner in a pop-up restaurant down a mine-shaft). I’m also excited about going with my girlfriend to see the new Alan Partridge movie.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Get down to number 12 on my to-do list (currently on number three).
- Fear of a flat planet: Heatherwick Studio’s adventures with clay
- Graphic designer Braulio Amado picks out his favourite posters of 2016 from his new book
- Nice Threads, Mate embroiders throwaway British culture in incredible detail
- The high-powered fashion photography of duo Florence & Nicolas
- Beehives, blondes and boobs: Dolly Faibyshev photographs Dollypalooza
- Bold Decisions tests a type specimen’s form in personable font, Lars
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- How to go freelance: need-to-know advice from creatives who made it
- Paul Rand’s IBM Graphic Standards Manual to be reissued
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project