Pipe down Monday, we’ll have no trouble here. As ever we are tackling the start of the week head on and we’re delighted to have writer and curator Henrietta Thompson, who is overseeing 100% Norway at this year’s London Design Festival, here to set us up for the next seven days. Take it away Henrietta…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Toast. Also, arranging all Monday morning meetings to take place at Claridges also helps (I’ve been working with them lately on a new magazine so it’s not as ridiculously decadent as it sounds. Ok maybe it is.)
What song will you be listening to most this week?
1, 2, 3, 4 by Feist.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
A text from my boyfriend that made me laugh out loud.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
Obviously I write on a laptop but it’s not as pretty.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Alan Fletcher, at wine o’clock, with a couple of friends, talking about whatever in his studio and getting inspired.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Moved house, got our new office up and running, finished all my work, moved my new social enterprise Operation illustration forward a bit more, and booked a holiday. Actually I really want to do all that by Thursday so I can have Friday off…
- The sun is out, and Best of the Web is here to offer some shade
- Jonathan Castro’s vibrant designs are a realisation of his research and exploration
- Friday Mixtape: top picks from ten years of Field Day
- A retrospective look at Latif Al Ani’s photographs of Iraq’s “golden age”
- Olimpia Zagnoli illustrates How to Eat Spaghetti Like a Lady
- Cost-effective, beautiful shit: an interview with the Deadbeat Club
- YouTube releases its first own-brand font, YouTube Sans, inspired by the play button
- Inside Susan Kare’s sketchbooks are the makings of Mac’s graphic interfaces
- The return of the hovering art director: we asked comic artist Nadine Redlich to peer inside agency life
- Photographer Raymond Rojas captures the “magic” in Disneyland Paris
- Stefan Sagmeister speaks to It's Nice That about The Beauty Project
- Seattle-based illustrator Kelly Bjork depicts languid ladies and neat interiors