Isabel Greenberg first came to our attention when she won the Observer Jonathan Cape Graphic short story prize in 2011 and since then we’ve witnessed the London-based illustrator go from strength to strength. With her super new book The Encyclopedia of Early Earth officially launched this week, we thought it was high time we sat down with her to find out what the next seven days holds for her…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I work from home, so the weekend and the week kind of blur for me sometimes so Mondays don’t have the same ominous feel they did back when I used to go to school. But if I do get that Monday feeling, I usually I find that a boiled egg and Marmite soldiers are pretty good any day of the week for expelling the blues.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ll be listening to Golden Haze by Wild Nothing. Or at least that’s what I’m listening to this very second, I can’t speak for an hour from now.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
I got a new comic through the post this morning; Gus by Chris Blain I just read the first page and it made me laugh out loud, so definitely that!
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
This is my new pen, and his sidekick, the wash pen. I’m going to be signing lots of copies of my new book this week using them. Me and the pen are going to be very very close.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
By Friday I hope that me and my new pen will have achieved perfect stationery Nirvana. By which I mean that state in which pen and human have bonded so well that the pen does exactly what the human says and doesn’t blot on the paper or get skittish. The pen will respect me.
- Get your pout on, it's Valentine's weekend, and it's the Best of the Web
- Moby Digg uses basic colours and shapes for photo exhibition identity
- From celebs to cleaners, Maxi Cohen photographs ladies’ rooms around the world
- Seoul-based illustrator Yeon Ji Kang's beautifully thick-limbed ballerinas
- Roses at the ready, our round-up of the best Valentine’s Day ideas from the creative world
- First Dates for those who create: two-thirds of Nous Vous on their special three-way relationship
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- When to wake up, what to drink and how to work: “how to live like a creative” unveiled
- DesignStudio rebrands the Premier League
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- Our round-up of last night’s Super Bowl 50 ads
- Hato’s responsive identity design for Pick Me Up 2016