We can’t tell you too much about the upcoming winter issue of Printed Pages but I can tantalise you with the news that last week myself and photographer Jasper Clarke headed to one of the city’s best galleries to speak to and take the portrait of a major cultural figure. Interested to know what Jasper gets up to when he’s not working with me, I asked him to step up for today’s A Week On Monday which he duly did…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Doing or looking forward to doing your favourite activity, instead of going to work.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ve just discovered this track called Stand on the Word by the Joubert Singers.It’s an absolute banger and I can’t stop listening to it. Other than that I’ve been having a bit of a metal moment so probably something by The Sword.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
Define “best!” I liked what I read in the Huffington Post about Russell Brand’s enticement to apathy in his chat with Paxman that’s doing the rounds. I’ve found Brand increasingly entertaining of late but calling on people to disengage when we all need to engage more is just stupid really.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I would like to go back in time to the infamous Tuesday Club with a small group of good friends before the demands of children, work and responsibilities devoured our time. When we were still just hanging onto the idea that we could get away with being irresponsible adults. Living the dream indeed!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Happy clients, happy girlfriend, happy me.
- Submit Saturdays: photographer and filmmaker Harry Israelson's bright, smart portfolio
- May Diary: where to go and what to see this month
- Crisp and vibrant design work from ECAL graduate Clement Rouzaud
- Portuguese illustrator Tiago Galo’s plump little characters are oddly charming
- Matthew Butcher launches the Flood House that will travel around the Thames Estuary
- Haunting train-simulator-based animation by Jack Featherstone for Occult Orientated Crime
- Philip Coppola spends nearly 40 years illustrating New York City’s Subway Stations
- LA studio Laundry creates amazing warped Simpsons idents for American channel FX
- Design Bridge creates new harp icon for Guinness
- Winning design for Tokyo 2020 Olympics unveiled
- Prince: 1958-2016
- Milton Glaser creates new look for Brooklyn Brewery