We can’t tell you too much about the upcoming winter issue of Printed Pages but I can tantalise you with the news that last week myself and photographer Jasper Clarke headed to one of the city’s best galleries to speak to and take the portrait of a major cultural figure. Interested to know what Jasper gets up to when he’s not working with me, I asked him to step up for today’s A Week On Monday which he duly did…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Doing or looking forward to doing your favourite activity, instead of going to work.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ve just discovered this track called Stand on the Word by the Joubert Singers.It’s an absolute banger and I can’t stop listening to it. Other than that I’ve been having a bit of a metal moment so probably something by The Sword.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
Define “best!” I liked what I read in the Huffington Post about Russell Brand’s enticement to apathy in his chat with Paxman that’s doing the rounds. I’ve found Brand increasingly entertaining of late but calling on people to disengage when we all need to engage more is just stupid really.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I would like to go back in time to the infamous Tuesday Club with a small group of good friends before the demands of children, work and responsibilities devoured our time. When we were still just hanging onto the idea that we could get away with being irresponsible adults. Living the dream indeed!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Happy clients, happy girlfriend, happy me.
- Iris Erlings’ delicate drawings are inspired by the works of modernist sculptors
- Node Berlin Oslo talks through its redesign of Haus der Kulturen der Welt
- A closer look at five creatives speaking at Design Indaba 2017
- Anxiety, speed and rave flyers: artist Mark Leckey on his iconic video "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore"
- We speak to Lovetrue director Alma Har’el about her surrealist short film for The Fifth Sense
- Adventures in Typography: Spin’s new book about its creative process
- UN Women Egypt releases intricately illustrated print ads to highlight gender divide at work
- Chinese photographer Ren Hang has died aged 29
- Designer Lennart Van den Bossche’s typographic work combines "logic and beauty"
- Photographer Zuza Krajewska's fragile portraits of Polish young offenders
- Miffy creator, author and illustrator Dick Bruna dies aged 89
- Photographers Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Luca Venter explore the limits of reality