We can’t tell you too much about the upcoming winter issue of Printed Pages but I can tantalise you with the news that last week myself and photographer Jasper Clarke headed to one of the city’s best galleries to speak to and take the portrait of a major cultural figure. Interested to know what Jasper gets up to when he’s not working with me, I asked him to step up for today’s A Week On Monday which he duly did…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Doing or looking forward to doing your favourite activity, instead of going to work.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ve just discovered this track called Stand on the Word by the Joubert Singers.It’s an absolute banger and I can’t stop listening to it. Other than that I’ve been having a bit of a metal moment so probably something by The Sword.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
Define “best!” I liked what I read in the Huffington Post about Russell Brand’s enticement to apathy in his chat with Paxman that’s doing the rounds. I’ve found Brand increasingly entertaining of late but calling on people to disengage when we all need to engage more is just stupid really.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I would like to go back in time to the infamous Tuesday Club with a small group of good friends before the demands of children, work and responsibilities devoured our time. When we were still just hanging onto the idea that we could get away with being irresponsible adults. Living the dream indeed!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Happy clients, happy girlfriend, happy me.
- “Non-league football is our punk rock” – Alex Brown’s work for Eastbourne Town FC
- Artist Esther Watson reimagines the flying saucers her dad created as a child
- Clara von Zweigbergk talks us through her art direction for Danish brand Hay
- John Molesworth illustrates the hustle and bustle of Record Store Day 2017
- “The artistic process becomes a form of yoga”: artist Christopher Davison
- More vibrant, goblin-like characters from illustrator Alex Jenkins
- Animator and director James Curran’s amusing 30-day Gifathon project in Tokyo
- Photographer Sophie Mayanne’s new personal project celebrates imperfection (NSFW)
- Jon Burgerman on his utterly brilliant Instagram experiments
- "Before I was a graphic designer I had nearly no idea what one was": meet Austin Redman
- Animator Saiman Chow’s trippy idents for Adult Swim’s Rick and Morty
- The daily grind: Louis Quail’s photographs of fascinatingly mundane offices