We can’t tell you too much about the upcoming winter issue of Printed Pages but I can tantalise you with the news that last week myself and photographer Jasper Clarke headed to one of the city’s best galleries to speak to and take the portrait of a major cultural figure. Interested to know what Jasper gets up to when he’s not working with me, I asked him to step up for today’s A Week On Monday which he duly did…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Doing or looking forward to doing your favourite activity, instead of going to work.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
I’ve just discovered this track called Stand on the Word by the Joubert Singers.It’s an absolute banger and I can’t stop listening to it. Other than that I’ve been having a bit of a metal moment so probably something by The Sword.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
Define “best!” I liked what I read in the Huffington Post about Russell Brand’s enticement to apathy in his chat with Paxman that’s doing the rounds. I’ve found Brand increasingly entertaining of late but calling on people to disengage when we all need to engage more is just stupid really.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week…
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I would like to go back in time to the infamous Tuesday Club with a small group of good friends before the demands of children, work and responsibilities devoured our time. When we were still just hanging onto the idea that we could get away with being irresponsible adults. Living the dream indeed!
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Happy clients, happy girlfriend, happy me.
- Wrap up warm with this week's Best of the Web
- This is Jane: a charming photo series that displays the empowerment of women
- Brooklyn-based illustrator Aaron Fernandez’s fluorescent editorial commissions
- London-based designer Laura Jouan’s well-considered, monochrome portfolio
- Join Jonathan Barnbrook, Maisie Willoughby, Wallace Henning, Anna Lomax and Jess Bonham at Nicer Tuesdays December
- Legs 11: artist Alfie Kungu’s comically long-trousered figures
- Wes Anderson directs H&M Christmas advert starring Adrien Brody
- The New Look: Looking back at Roundel’s 1980s identity design for British Rail’s Railfreight
- Discussing cinema with Laura Marling on her directorial debut, Soothing
- London’s first crisp restaurant, Hipchips, launches with branding by Ragged Edge
- Richard Sandler’s street photography conveys the intricacies of city life
- A "stress opus" from cartoonist Nadine Redlich