For a special Bank Holiday A Week On Monday we sat down with Mike Radcliffe, founder of top design recruitment agency Represent and longtime supporters of our Graduates programme. Having just turned ten, Represent continues to go from strength to strength but we wanted to find out a bit more about the man behind the success…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I always feel loads better after eating porridge for breakfast, it’s slow release energy. Add some berries and flax seed then you’ve got a perfect start. Also do some exercise – it’s hard getting going but the day feels so much better after you’ve pumped a bit of life into your blood.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
Justin Timberlake’s Take Back The Night. He is doing a great social media campaign right now, just take your photograph having a good night out and share on his site with #takebacktn.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
How Kiwi fruits can help you sleep better. Just have a couple before you go to sleep.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Tough call, probably keep it simple and see my old friend Patrick and go for Thai food.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Offer accepted on a flat we’re trying to buy at the moment.
- Nick Waplington's artwork for Yak, a striking representation of their sound
- Ondrej Bachor and Jan Horcik create ever-evolving identity for fashion designer Karolina Jurikova
- Bodil Jane's illustrations: ornate, exotic and really very lovely
- Drifting SUVs in the Arabian desert: Peter Garritano explores the world of hajwalah
- Envisions collective, breaking down the boundaries of design
- Zsofia Schweger’s paintings depict her Hungarian home frozen in time
- Sagmeister & Walsh rebrands fashion label Milly to reflect its "edgy" new personality
- Dominic Wilcox designs art exhibition for dogs (plus exclusive artist sketches)
- Jaemin Lee’s gloriously retro exhibition identities and poster designs
- James Jean’s phantasmagorical world of technicolour fever dreams
- The Refugee Nation Olympic flag was inspired by a lifejacket
- Things: the inspiring post that got us through the long hot summer nights of August