For a special Bank Holiday A Week On Monday we sat down with Mike Radcliffe, founder of top design recruitment agency Represent and longtime supporters of our Graduates programme. Having just turned ten, Represent continues to go from strength to strength but we wanted to find out a bit more about the man behind the success…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I always feel loads better after eating porridge for breakfast, it’s slow release energy. Add some berries and flax seed then you’ve got a perfect start. Also do some exercise – it’s hard getting going but the day feels so much better after you’ve pumped a bit of life into your blood.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
Justin Timberlake’s Take Back The Night. He is doing a great social media campaign right now, just take your photograph having a good night out and share on his site with #takebacktn.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
How Kiwi fruits can help you sleep better. Just have a couple before you go to sleep.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Tough call, probably keep it simple and see my old friend Patrick and go for Thai food.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Offer accepted on a flat we’re trying to buy at the moment.
- Yayoi Kusama brings infinity and her iconic pumpkins to two stunning new London shows
- How I Got Here: Kim Gehrig, director
- Founder and creative director of ManvsMachine, Mike Alderson on his most-loved books
- From big cats to commuters, Reece Wykes creates characters using the subtlest of details
- Back to the Future: what today's creatives can learn from yesterday's design principles
- Moniker’s crisp and colourful laser cut posters for Designer Fund
- Anna Ginsburg explores sex and female orgasms in this hilarious animation (NSFW)
- Arne Svenson’s portraits of his New York neighbours taken through apartment windows
- The Co-op returns to its old “clover leaf” logo from the 1960s
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared - an exclusive interview with Duck, Red Guy and Yellow Guy
- Ace new Laura Callaghan work calls BS on the idea that we can be "whatever we want to be"
- Strange posters and superb typography from Venetian studio Tankboys