For a special Bank Holiday A Week On Monday we sat down with Mike Radcliffe, founder of top design recruitment agency Represent and longtime supporters of our Graduates programme. Having just turned ten, Represent continues to go from strength to strength but we wanted to find out a bit more about the man behind the success…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I always feel loads better after eating porridge for breakfast, it’s slow release energy. Add some berries and flax seed then you’ve got a perfect start. Also do some exercise – it’s hard getting going but the day feels so much better after you’ve pumped a bit of life into your blood.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
Justin Timberlake’s Take Back The Night. He is doing a great social media campaign right now, just take your photograph having a good night out and share on his site with #takebacktn.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
How Kiwi fruits can help you sleep better. Just have a couple before you go to sleep.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Tough call, probably keep it simple and see my old friend Patrick and go for Thai food.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Offer accepted on a flat we’re trying to buy at the moment.
- Punk, printing, photography and type - February's Nicer Tuesdays tickets are now on sale!
- Gender politics, feminism and Kanye West – the world according to Vanessa Beecroft
- First Dates for those who create: London agency Form on their working relationship
- Air-brushed psychedelia and neon lights abound in Robert Beatty’s new work
- Jack Davison shoots parrots with PTSD for The New York Times Magazine
- Graphic design work to challenge and empower the reader
- Racy photography from the new issue of Odiseo
- How to beat creative block: one designer offers his invaluable advice
- Bureau Mirko Borsche works with Nike Basketball on a new graphic language
- Meditation and creativity: should we believe the hype?
- VSCO develops new typeface and a symbol-based language as part of its rebrand
- More salaciously surreal illustrations from French duo Mrzyk & Moriceau