For a special Bank Holiday A Week On Monday we sat down with Mike Radcliffe, founder of top design recruitment agency Represent and longtime supporters of our Graduates programme. Having just turned ten, Represent continues to go from strength to strength but we wanted to find out a bit more about the man behind the success…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
I always feel loads better after eating porridge for breakfast, it’s slow release energy. Add some berries and flax seed then you’ve got a perfect start. Also do some exercise – it’s hard getting going but the day feels so much better after you’ve pumped a bit of life into your blood.
What song will you be listening to most this week?
Justin Timberlake’s Take Back The Night. He is doing a great social media campaign right now, just take your photograph having a good night out and share on his site with #takebacktn.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
How Kiwi fruits can help you sleep better. Just have a couple before you go to sleep.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
Tough call, probably keep it simple and see my old friend Patrick and go for Thai food.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
Offer accepted on a flat we’re trying to buy at the moment.
- Design's many, many layers, and the power of music, at Nicer Tuesdays July
- It’s just life: The democratic eye of William Eggleston
- Tim Lahan is the new Mystic Meg with horoscope illustrations for Elle Magazine
- Musical instruments with a modernist aesthetic by Hundo
- Former Buzzcocks drummer John Maher exhibits his photography work in Nobody's Home
- Monument Valley creator ustwo gives us a peek at its bookshelf
- Benedict Redgrove’s beautifully hypnotic film about how a tennis ball is created
- Tommy Cash subverts the tropes of rap videos with a fleshy celebration of the human body (NSFW)
- Ian Davis’ picturesque paintings of bureaucratic dystopia
- Is it ever OK to work for free?
- Pentagram unveils refresh of Mastercard’s brand mark and identity
- Peter Saville and Tate Design Studio create beer can artwork for Switch House pale ale